This year's St. Thomas Parish Thirunnal started on June 26th with the Kodiyettam. The parish had 10-days of prayerful Thirunnal celebrations and celebrated the Main Thirunnal on July 5th. The main Thirunnal Holy Qurbana was celebrated by the newly ordained priest Fr. Melvin Mangalath and our parish priest Fr. George Elambasseril.
The Presudentis for this year's Thirunnal were Frixmon Michael and family. Joshy achan appreciated and thanked our Presudentis for hosting the 2020 Parish Thirunnal.
Joshy achan also thanked the adults choir and Cherupushpam League Childrens choir for their beautiful songs during the 10-day Thirunnal. We would also like to thank Moncy Valiaveedu and Jojo Thomas for making the live-stream possible throughout the Thirunnal.
Monday, July 6th: Remembrance of the dead
7:00 pm: Holy Qurbana followed by Kodiyirakkam.
If any family or families are interested to be the Presudentis of next year’s (2021) main Thirunnal (3 days), please contact the trustees or Joshy achan.
We have Public Holy Qurbana on Sundays which started on June 14th with limited capacity. There are two Holy Qurbanas on Sundays at 8:30 am and 5 pm. The attendance is limited to 100 people. The weekday and Saturday Qurbanas have been public since June 1st with limited capacity.
Guidelines for attendees:
1. Those attending Holy Qurbana are strongly encouraged to wear masks inside the church.
2. The only access to the church is through the Narthex. The door will be open for you to enter and exit.
3. Please do not sit in the pews which are taped. You are requested to sit 6 ft. apart to follow social distancing guidelines. A family living in the
same household can sit together.
4. The communion line should maintain two pew separation between individuals to ensure safe distancing.
5. Those attending Holy Qurbana are strongly encouraged to bring their own hand sanitizer and sanitize their hands before the Holy Qurbana and before receiving Holy Communion.
6. All are requested to leave the church premises as soon as the Holy Qurbana is over. There is to be no congregating before and after the Holy Qurbana.
7. People who feel sick or have symptoms of fever or cough are requested to stay home. Those who are presenting symptoms consistent with COVID-19 should not attend Holy Qurbana.
8. The faithful who are above 65 years old or below age 10 are strongly encouraged not to attend the Holy Qurbana at this time.
During this period, the celebration of the Sacraments of Initiation (Baptism and Confirmation) and the religious celebrations for families (Weddings, Ordinations and Funeral Qurbanas) are allowed with guidelines that limit attendance.
We will continue to have live-streaming of our Holy Qurbana on our YouTube Channel. Everyone is encouraged to subscribe to the St. Thomas YouTube Channel at https://www.youtube.com/c/StThomasLive and also watch this channel for a few minutes everyday in order for our community to continue to receive our parish services via YouTube.
We will be celebrating the feast of St. Benedict on Saturday, July 11th.
If you have a prayer request, please contact the prayer ministry leaders, Mary and Michael Kallarackal at (201) 563-0727. Everyone is welcome
to join the prayer ministry and also to be part of the intercessory prayer sessions. Please contact the prayer ministry leaders if you would like to
join the ministry.
The St. Thomas Parish Calendar for 2020 with the daily Bible Reading and parish events are available to use. The calendar was distributed during caroling. If you have not received one, please contact the parish office. The calendar is attached below.
2020 St. Thomas Calendar (15422 KB) [Last Updated:30-Dec-2019 09:53 AM]New