Happy Thanks Giving to the parishioners!!!! On Thursday, November 26th, Thanksgiving Day, the Holy Qurbana will be at 8:30 am as per the regular schedule.
There will be NO CCD on November 29th. Holy Qurbanas will be at the regular time.
As we communicated earlier, the Chicago diocese is planning to construct a new annex building adjacent to the current bishop’s house in Chicago. Bishop Mar Jacob Angadiath would like to thank all the beneficiaries who came forward to provide financial support for this endeavor from our parish.
If you would like to extend financial support for this project, please contact Elsy Philip, Manjith Kainickara, Jerin Thenayan or our Vicar, Fr. James
The keys to the church was changed last week. The parish hall and the rectory keys will be changed this week. The keys will be given to respective ministries/parish council members as per the need after updating the facility access documentation. The keys should be returned to the Trustees after the use. This is to update the facility access documentation as per the Diocesan Guidelines.
The Annual Christmas Charity Raffle is the St. Vincent de Paul Society’s main fundraising opportunity. Due to the COVID-19 restrictions, the SVDP is planning to conduct this year’s raffle in a different way. Instead of giving paper raffle tickets/books to our parishioners, SVDP members will give you raffle ticket numbers for the tickets/books you buy. On Christmas eve, we will conduct a raffle drawing in our parish hall and this event will be telecasted live. Winners will be notified and prizes will be delivered in-person to their homes.
SVDP members are requesting all parishioners to provide their whole hearted support to make our 2020 Charity Raffle a grand success. Please help this year’s raffle as business sponsors, individual sponsors or by buying one or more raffle books.
During this Christmas season, our church is working with the Missionaries of Charity once again to provide assistance to those in need. The items that have been requested this year are: gift cards to Walmart, bath towels or monetary donations of any amount. (NO clothes or wrapped gifts this year.) Please plan to share your blessings of Christmas with these needy families.
A table and donation box will be set up in the narthex so that items can be dropped off till December 3rd. Please contact Libby Varghese @ (214) 289-1733 for questions or assistance.
The parish council meeting was conducted on Sunday, November 22nd immediately after the 8:30 am Holy Qurbana in the parish hall.
We have Public Holy Qurbana on Sundays which started on June 14th with limited capacity. There are two Holy Qurbanas on Sundays at 8:30 am and 5 pm. The attendance is limited to 100 people. The weekday and Saturday Qurbanas have been public since June 1st with limited capacity.
Guidelines for attendees:
1. Those attending Holy Qurbana are required to wear masks inside the church.
2. The only access to the church is through the Narthex. The door will be open for you to enter and exit.
3. Please do not sit in the pews which are taped. You are requested to sit 6 ft. apart to follow social distancing guidelines. A family living in the
same household can sit together.
4. The communion line should maintain two pew separation between individuals to ensure safe distancing.
5. Those attending Holy Qurbana are strongly encouraged to bring their own hand sanitizer and sanitize their hands before the Holy Qurbana and before receiving Holy Communion.
6. All are requested to leave the church premises as soon as the Holy Qurbana is over. There is to be no congregating before and after the Holy Qurbana.
7. People who feel sick or have symptoms of fever or cough are requested to stay home. Those who are presenting symptoms consistent with COVID-19 should not attend Holy Qurbana.
8. The faithful who are above 65 years old or below age 10 are strongly encouraged not to attend the Holy Qurbana at this time.
During this period, the celebration of the Sacraments of Initiation (Baptism and Confirmation) and the religious celebrations for families (Weddings, Ordinations and Funeral Qurbanas) are allowed with guidelines that limit attendance.
We will continue to have live-streaming of our Holy Qurbana on our YouTube Channel. Everyone is encouraged to subscribe to the St. Thomas YouTube Channel at https://www.youtube.com/c/StThomasLive and also watch this channel for a few minutes everyday in order for our community to continue to receive our parish services via YouTube.
If you have a prayer request, please contact the prayer ministry leaders, Mary and Michael Kallarackal at (201) 563-0727. Everyone is welcome
to join the prayer ministry and also to be part of the intercessory prayer sessions. Please contact the prayer ministry leaders if you would like to
join the ministry.
If any family or families are interested to be the Presudentis of next year’s (2021) main Thirunnal (3 days), please contact the trustees.